Selected Academic Publications
- Gorichanaz, T. (2016). There's no shortcut: Building understanding from information in ultrarunning. Journal of Information Science, Online First.
- Gorichanaz, T. (2016). Beautiful and sublime: The aesthetics of running in a commodified world. Journal of the Philosophy of Sport, 43(3), 365–379.
- Gorichanaz, T. (2015). Information on the run: Experiencing information during an ultramarathon. Information Research, 20(4), Article 697.
- See also: My methodology paper on auto-hermeneutics, using this study as an exemplar, in press in Library and Information Science Research
- See also: Editorial about this paper on my running blog
- Lund, N. W., Gorichanaz, T., & Latham, K. F. (2016) A discussion on document conceptualization. Proceedings from the Document Academy, 3(2), Article 1.
- Gorichanaz, T., & Latham, K. F. (2016). Document phenomenology: A framework for holistic analysis. Journal of Documentation, 72(6), 1114–1133.
- Gorichanaz, T. (2016). How the document got its authority. Journal of Documentation, 72(2), 299–305.
- See also: Editorial about this paper on ScratchTap
- Gorichanaz, T. (2016). Documents and time. Proceedings from the Document Academy, 3(1), Article 7.
UltraRunning Magazine – October 2014
Article on my favorite under-the-radar exercise recovery strategies.
StraightForward – Spring 2014
Three of my poems were featured in the Spring 2014 Double Issue
A Replicated Typo – March 2014
Guest post about the evolutionary origins of written language
Separated by a Common Language – March 2014
Guest post about the difference in exclamation (!) usage and interpretation between British and American speakers
Tim in the Press
Collins Dictionary Blog – June 2014
I was honored to be the second guest on Collins Dictionary's Word-Lover Interview series.
El blog para aprender español – June 2013
An overview of the sociolinguistic/pragmatic issues surrounding e-communication, which was the subject of my MA thesis.
The Marquette Tribune – February 2011
A feature in the college newspaper on the writing and self-publication of my second novel
Marquette Magazine – Spring 2008
A feature in the university alumni magazine about the mural I painted on the walls of the chapel in my freshman-year residence hall
Artist leaves his mark on dorm chapel walls
The Catholic Herald – October 2008
A feature about the mural I painted on the walls of the chapel in my freshman-year residence hall